Sometimes after a hectic and fast paced week all you want to do is rest on the weekends, trust me I know but no one wants to waste their weekend away in bed! I’ve put together a list of things that will not only get you up and moving around but will give you a mental boost to get ready for the week!
1. Exercise ; OK I’m not an exercise girl, I do not work out after a long day in the office, I’m not going to yoga on Tuesdays like some of my friends and I’m certainly not taking a Zumba class however I will say one way to really relax your mind after a crazy week at work is a 10am Saturday Yoga class or even a walk around the lake. Just you and your thoughts (and maybe a juice from your local juicer) But seriously though I often find that when I’m walking and just enjoying the weather I feel so much more relaxed and clearly the same goes for yoga! Give it a try
2. Get enough Sleep! Don’t over sleep. I’ve never been the girl who can sleep in until 11AM – I will feel like the entire day has gotten away from me. I don’t even want to be awake and in bed until 11AM – not going to lie I judge people who do that (mainly my mother) Even if I was out until 3AM drinking, trust me when I say I’m up by 9:30AM and ready to take on the day! Maybe it’s just me but the feeling of having lost half the day, especially on a weekend is a stressful one. I want to get up, enjoy my day, see some friends, maybe hit the Farmer’s Market and I just can’t do that if I’m oversleeping.
3. Brunch with Friends! Anyone who knows me will tell you I would brunch everyday if I could. From Chicken and Waffles, to my favorite Veggie Potato Hash Bowl and everything in between. I’m always down for bottomless mimosas. But more importantly brunch is a great mental booster for the weekends because it always you to connect with friends and family whom you don’t see or (don’t want to see) at 6:30PM after work on a Monday through Thursday schedule. Let’s just be real there’s something freeing about hanging out with friends, having a drink or a few and just enjoying your day!
4. Hit the Farmer’s Market ; I personally love the Farmer’s Market. Every Sunday Lake Eola here in Orlando hosts the Farmer’s Market where you can purchase everything from fresh produce, to blinged out bandanas for you pups! I thoroughly enjoy taking the time when the weathers nice outside to grab a smoothie, walk around and pick some things up (I love the all natural handmade scrubs and soaps) before I grab some food from the many food trucks you’ll find and listen to the live music under the GIANT trees. The Farmer’s Market is my perfect beginning (after brunch of course) to a Sunday!
5. Read a book! There’s almost nothing that’s more relaxing on your mental psych than reading a book! I love curling up on a weekend morning especially when it’s raining out and grabbing a good book! Check out my 5 books Every Twenty Something Girl Needs on Her Bookshelf for some books I think you should definitely read! Lately I’ve been all about self-help, women empowerment and of course having your dream career and life!
What are some ways you relax during the weekend after a crazy work week?