Hey ladies, So if you’re reading this that means you’re probably going through something and thought this post might in some way help you. Well I don’t know if it will but I’m really just in a space of knowing it’s time to let go. And before you all think something way left – this has nothing to do with my relationship!
I’ve always been the kind of person who loves change and challenges, I get bored easily and when I get bored and unchallenged I become uninterested for lack of a better word. Well lately there’s been a lot of change in my life in some areas and I’m feeling stagnant in others. I recently got engaged to the most amazing man I’ve honestly ever met. I redecorated our apartment, (major changes) and I’m putting myself on a strict schedule when it comes to the blog, but there’s something in life I’m still feeling stuck with.
When you first start in a new position your excited – a little nervous and anxious for what the future will bring. Kind of like when you first walk into Disney, there’s so much to experience. The thought of new experiences, new people and growth is promising.
A few days back I read an article on theeverygirl (amazing blog, there’s something to read for literally every girl!) and it really resonated with me. 5 Signs You’re outgrowing Your Job – The 5 signs are below:
- You Can’t Remember the Last Time You Felt Challenged – well guys this for me is major. I feel now that my day is nothing more than routine, When I first started in my position I had never worked in a position like this, it was exciting and I was learning new things and even being given certain tasks of a manager however now I’m doing the same thing with no more room to really grow and learn.
- You Never Receive Constructive Feedback
- Everyone Approaches You For Help (instead of your boss)
- You’re No Longer Learning – Guys, I’ve gone from knowing nothing to knowing how to build and create quotes, to selling all wedding blocks to writing contracts to handling walk ins and site visits. What more is there for me as the coordinator to do? I’ve learned how to pull reports I’ve learned how to price menus and run the social media. Long story short I’m no longer being challenged.
- You Have a Gut Feeling – I just have the constant feeling of being stuck in a rut with no sign of moving forward.
I truly love my job and the people I work with but I can’t help but feel after almost 2 years as the coordinator I’m outgrowing my job. Have you ever felt you were outgrowing your job?